Serial Port ActiveX is a powerful and versatile ActiveX component that lets you control serial ports, manage them and track their activity. And finally, Eltima Software is glad to announce the long-awaited upgrade of this ActiveX component – welcome new, improved version 4.0!
Have a look at main things we’ve added after extensive development and testing:
- 64-bit version of Serial Port ActiveX Control.
- PortIsAvailable method to quickly verify serial port availability. This option allows easily checking if specified ports are free and ready to be opened.
- SetLatencyExpiry method that helps specify a period of time after which the corresponding event will be called, if no data was received during this period.
- OnPortAdded, OnPortRemoved and OnChangePortsList events to notify of the changes made to serial ports.
- EnableAutoDetectPorts property to call the corresponding events in case the list of serial ports changes.
Our improvements affect not only Serial Port ActiveX functionality. We have also added several new examples for Visual Studio .NET 2005 and 2008 (C#, VB.NET, C++), for Delphi 2007/2010 and C++ Builder 2007/2010 and for Microsoft Access.
Be the first to download Serial Port ActiveX 4.0 and try this great alternative to complicated WinAPI for serial ports.
Waiting to hear back from you!