Today our news are dedicated to USB Network Gate – a unique software that allows you to connect remote USB devices to your computer over Ethernet as if they were simply plugged in it. Our cross-platform software solution is getting a massive update in all three directions simultaneously – for Windows, Mac and Linux.
USB Network Gate for Windows is turning into its 6 version, and the updates contain:
- Great improvements of the sharing mechanism and application’s speed and stability.
- Network traffic compression to speed up interaction with the device was added.
- Numerous USB devices support (AVM FRITZ!Card USB, ISDN terminal adapter, etc.).
- Improved support of USB 3.0 devices.
- Improved support for interactive pen displays & digital drawing tablets …
USB Network Gate for Mac 3 got lots of new features and improvements, among those:
- Greatly improved sharing mechanism and application’s speed and stability.
- Added network traffic compression to speed up interaction with the device.
- Completely redesigned UI and added Apple’s Retina displays support.
- Added support for USB 3.0 devices running on USB 3.0 ports.
- Shared USB devices are now automatically detected by the client and are added to the list of available devices. ..
USB Network Gate for Linux got it’s 3rd version with some really great improvements too:
- The server part of USB Network Gate is now reimplemented fully in userspace using usbfs.
- USB Network Gate daemon can be launched without kernel module loading (important for ARM boards, mobile phones, etc.). Since all the code now operates in userspace, code running and debugging have been much simplified.
- We have added network traffic compression to speed up interaction with the device.
- Network latency issue was fixed for USB Wi-Fi & network adapters.
full list of improvements for Linux version can be found here.
NOTE! New versions of USB Network Gate are incompatible with previous releases. You cannot use old client with new server and visa versa.
How to upgrade?
If you are a registered user of USB Network Gate you can get the upgrade with 50% discount – request it:
If you own Lifetime Upgrades Guarantee or have purchased USB Network Gate within Grace period (i.e. August 12 , 2013 – September 12, 2013) you can upgrade for free.
Have any questions? Do not hesitate to ask!